5 unimaginable remedies for oily skin
Sebum is an oily substance made of fats, And it is believed that oily skin is the result of overproduction of sebum from sebaceous glands.
Although sebum help protect and moisturize the skin, yet an overproduction of it may lead to oily skin, which can lead to clogged pores and acne.
The following are the factors that increase the production sebum: Genetics, hormonal changes, stress, fried food, processed food, and sugary substances.
But, when it is caused by genetics or hormones, it becomes very tough to prevent.
However, there are natural remedies that can help reduce the symptoms of oily skin without the use of prescription drugs or expensive skin-care regimen.
Here are 5 natural remedies for oily skin:
Orange peels are rich in astringent properties which restrict the excess oil secretion. The vitamin C present in it prevents wrinkles and makes your skin fresh and soft.
Procedures for reducing the oily skin with orange
- Let the orange peels dry under the sun until crisp.
- Blend them into a fine powder.
- Combine orange peel powder and rose water to make a paste.
- Spread a layer of the paste on the skin and leave it on for 15 minutes.
- Rinse off with water and pat dry.
The application of orange juice to the body help provides fair and younger-looking skin. And for an effective result, apply orange juice directly on the skin or mix it with any other natural ingredients.
When it comes to skin remedy, honey is one of nature’s most revered agent. With its antibacterial and antiseptic abilities, honey is great for oily and acne-prone skin.
As a natural humectant, it helps keep the skin moist but not oily. And this is because humectants draw moisture from the skin without replacing it.
Procedure for reducing the symptoms of oily skin with honey
- Spread a thin layer, preferably raw, onto your face
- Let it dry for about 10 minutes
- Rinse thoroughly with tepid water.
3. Aloe Vera
The usefulness of Aloe Vera cannot be overemphasized. Widely known for soothing burns and other skin conditions, Aloe Vera is very useful when it comes to reducing the symptoms of oily skin.
As a matter of fact, there’s good scientific evidence that it helps treat flaky skin caused by oily patches.
Procedure for reducing the symptoms of oily skin with Aloe Vera
- Apply a thin layer to your face before bedtime
- Leave it on until morning
- Rinse face with water
It is believed that Aloe Vera triggers an allergic reaction on sensitive skin. So, it is, therefore, advisable to test a small amount on your forearm if you have not used aloe vera before.
If no reaction appears within 24 to 48 hours it should be safe to use.
Though this might seem ridiculous, it is true. Tomatoes contain salicylic acid, a common acne home remedy.
The acids in tomatoes do not only help absorb excess skin oils, it also helps unclog pores.
Procedure for reducing the symptoms of oily skin with tomatoes
- Combine one teaspoon sugar with the pulp of 1 tomato.
- Apply to the skin in a circular motion.
- Leave the mask on for 5 minutes.
- Rinse thoroughly with tepid water and pat dry.
5. Apple Cider Vinegar
The beauty of Apple cider vinegar is that, owing to its is richness in alpha hydroxyl sources, it does not only moisturize and tone the skin, it also fights the bacteria causing acne.
Procedure for reducing the symptoms of oily skin with ACV.
- Combine 1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar and 3/4 cup of distilled water
- Use a cotton ball to apply the solution over your face.
- Leave the application for 5 – 10 minutes.
- Rinse off with cool water.
For extra benefits, it is okay to add one teaspoon of apple cider vinegar into a glass of water and drink it before going to bed.
If you’re unable to get hold of apple cedar vinegar then you can use white vinegar instead of it. Because white vinegar also exfoliates and controls the oil production.
The post 5 unimaginable remedies for oily skin appeared first on .