5 things you did not know about Gee Six Five
Amapiano hit singer Gee has been trending on social media for hours now following the announcement of her death.
Gee’s family confirmed her death in the early hours of today after she contracted Covid-19 and got isolated on Monday but unfortunately she did not survive it.
The said thing about her death is the fact that she recently came into limelight with her hit single Obani Labantu.
Here are some of the things most people do not know about her:
- Gee’s real name is Mam Oupa Selepe who released an impressive track Obani Labantu track in November 2020. She was the new hit to the Amapiano music genre as South Africans fell in love with her music. Her debut hit Obani Lababantu is a banger which is easy to understand and leaves one singing along to it the entire day on end.
- The stage name Gee six five stands for Gogo who is 65 years old.
- She is a mother of four children. She defied her children by going to the studio and recording her hit single behind their backs. Seeing their mother realising her dream they relented and give her unwavering support. Gee six five is a retired teacher and used to work as Campus manager at Umgungundlovu TVET College, Northdale Campus. She is currently pursuing her PHd degree in education at the University of Kwa Zulu Natal before her death.
- Her primary reason for recording the song she wanted to inspire people to have courage to be go getters and realise their dreams. They must not focus or be demoralised on what people will say about them or the criticism that they face. Her music is healing those who have a low self esteem that they should not take negative opinions of others to the heart.
- Gee six five motivates people to get an education because life can be difficult without an education.
Sadly, she was supposed to have a collaboration with Somizi anytime soon but death took everything and all her dreams could not come through.
The post 5 things you did not know about Gee Six Five appeared first on .