5 things to keep in mind before going for botox treatment
Botox treatments if done right can reduce the signs of aging giving a more youthful look.
In recent times with many untrained injectors showing up at spas and salons at every nook and corner, who have been marketing cheaper Botox brands, we have been seeing a lot of complications due to lack of training and expertise.
It is extremely important to seek a board-certified physician in your area, that understands your facial anatomy and tailor your treatment to your specific needs.
Eventually, this helps to limit complications if any and to correct them as soon as possible. Choose your injector wisely!
5 reasons your patient wants the Botox effects to vanish!
1. Droopy eyebrows – This happens when a Botox eyelift has gone wrong, because the Botox has been injected in the wrong muscle and too deep.
2. Frozen look – This is due to over injecting Botox units especially in Beauty Clinics who are focussed on marketing and inexperienced Injectors.
3. Puckered lips – Especially after injecting upper lips to remove Smokers lines.
4. Lip drop – This happens when excessive Botox is injected around the eyes and trickles down to lower facial muscles. A patients smile is often deviated to one side of the face.
5. Painful forehead bumps – This is when Botox is injected superficially into the skin by inexperienced injectors.
Dos and don’ts
Do exercise, because it increases the blood flow to your facial muscles leading to a quicker recovery in Botox wearing off.
Don’t massage the treated area for at least 3 weeks because it may cause botox to shift to another muscle and cause further complications.
Don’t apply any Heat or pads as this increases the blood supply to facial muscles thereby prolonging the effects of botox.
The post 5 things to keep in mind before going for botox treatment appeared first on .