4 exercises for people suffering from knee problems
Our knees are the largest and the most essential joint of our body that are responsible for carrying out the basic function of running and walking.
They carry the load of our body which makes them more prone to injury and fracture. This makes it extremely important to be vigilant about your knee health just like any other important organ such as the heart.
You can surely strengthen and cure knee or knee-related issues by performing particular knee exercises.
Here are 5 brilliant exercises that can help you in keeping up with your knee health:
1. Chair squats
- Place a chair a little bit away from your backside.
- Keep your feet shoulder-width apart, with your toes facing straight in the front.
- The spine should be neutral, while the head and chest are raised.
- Bend your knees and take your hips and back downwards. Meanwhile, keep your arms lifted straightforward for balance.
- Just touch the chair with your butt, but don’t sit down.
- Squeeze in your glutes and hamstrings to bring your hips up to the initial position.
- 10 reps of 3-5 sets
- Stand with feet hip-width apart.
- Go down to grab the bar keeping your knees bent and the butt backwards.
- Your back should be straight and neck neutral.
- Keep your shoulders relaxed
- Engage your core as you bend down.
- Move your feet through the floor and squeeze in your glutes to bring your hips to the initial position.
- 20 reps of 4-5 sets.
3. One-legged deadlifts
- Stand straight with your hands by your side.
- Allow your upper body to bend forward from your hip while taking your left leg straight behind the backside. Your body should form a T shape.
- Your arms should be hanging straight down, holding the weight.
- Keep your right leg slightly bent.
- Bring back the leg which is floating behind to the initial position.
- Repeat with the other leg.
- 10 reps of 3-5sets
4. Donkey kick
- Keep your knees hip-width apart.
- Touch the floor with your hands under your shoulders.
- Keep your neck and spine neutral.
- Releasing your core, raise your right leg upward by hinging at the hip, while keeping the knee bent.
- Allow your glute to take your foot directly toward the ceiling and squeeze at the top.
- Keep your pelvis and the hip pointed towards the ground.
- Return to the initial position.
- 20 reps of 4-5 sets.
The post 4 exercises for people suffering from knee problems appeared first on .