News

24-year-old Kebbi poly student electrocuted while cooking

0
(0)

24-year-old Kebbi poly student electrocuted while cooking

24-year-old Kebbi poly student electrocuted while cooking

A 24-year-old HND 1 Laboratory Science and Technology Student of the Waziri Umaru Federal Polytechnic, Birnin Kebbi, Khalid Kabir Argungu, was electrocuted in his hostel room while cooking.

The incident happened on Tuesday evening, August 31, when the student allegedly made contact with a naked wire while operating an electric stove.

Rector of the Polytechnic, Arch. Muhammad Sani Aliyu, told newsmen on Wednesday that the student was rushed to the institution’s clinic but when the doctors and nurses realised that his condition was serious, they quickly took him to Sir Yahyah Memorial General Hospital in the metropolis where he was confirmed dead.

24-year-old Kebbi poly student electrocuted while cooking

“We have set up a committee to investigate and unravel the circumstances surrounding the death of the student. And by the time the committee completes its investigation, we shall know what to do to stop the reoccurrences of such incident through their recommendations,” he said.

He, however, dismissed the insinuation that the management had closed the school, adding that students sharing the hostel with the deceased merely vacated the hostel as part of respect for their late colleague.

The post 24-year-old Kebbi poly student electrocuted while cooking appeared first on NEWS.

How useful was this post?

Click on a star to rate it!

Average rating 0 / 5. Vote count: 0

No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.

Aminat Aigbe

Aminat Aigbe is the first lady of afronaija and a very good blogger ( Original Mrs AfroNaija )

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.