News

24 family members die after eating poisonous meal in Sokoto

0
(0)

24 family members die after eating poisonous meal in Sokoto

24 family members die after eating poisonous meal in Sokoto

Twenty-four family members lost their lives after eating some poisonous food in Sokoto State.

State Commissioner for Health, Ali Inname, who confirmed the incident in a statement said it occurred on Monday in Danzanke village of Bargaja ward of Isa Local Government Area of Sokoto State.

Related Articles

According to Inname, the incident was caused by the use of a fertiliser type of chemical, popularly called “Gishirin Lalle in Hausa” as a seasoning in domestic family cooking, which was considered as common salt.

“Regrettably, the entire family who ate the meal lost their lives, except two female members, who merely tasted the food and are currently responding to treatment, with very good chances of survival.

“Attempts to save the lives of all the affected people by providing the needed medical care proved abortive,” Inname said.

The commissioner urged the public to learn from this incident and keep away such poisonous chemicals from easy reach.

He said that it was very important for the public to know that the incidence was preventable and not contagious, as it was extremely fatal, even with the best medical attention given to victims.

Inname advised people to always separate storage sites for food items from other agricultural and cosmetic items, and to carefully check all ingredients and foodstuff before use.

He stressed that food stores should be secured to prevent access to flies, while cooked food and water sources should be secured.

Inname enjoined people to safeguard their surroundings to be clean and reduce flies and other vectors and wash hands regularly with soap and water.

“Wells should have covers to prevent contamination from faces of surface water after rainfall, the water should be boiled before use, especially in rural areas.

“Report to health facility or isolation camp in your area early when you observe any unusual symptoms or unusual condition,” Inname appealed to residents.

The post 24 family members die after eating poisonous meal in Sokoto appeared first on NEWS.

How useful was this post?

Click on a star to rate it!

Average rating 0 / 5. Vote count: 0

No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.

Aminat Aigbe

Aminat Aigbe is the first lady of afronaija and a very good blogger ( Original Mrs AfroNaija )

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.